Interfaith Theologian

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Various Updates on Academic Endeavors

I haven't written anything here for a while, but I'm busy as ever and have been writing voraciously. Here's a look at the irons in the fire:

I'm finishing the third semester of graduate program in Jewish Studies, putting the last touches on a paper on the St. Louis affair of 1939, and coming into exam week.

I recently had an article I developed from a paper I presented at Oxford in April accepted to a peer-review journal and I'm planning to incorporate edits very soon.

I've finally hit the figurative "go" button on my Bonhoeffer manuscript. I expect that it will be published by the first quarter of 2014.

I've sent a proposal for a conference in New York and am awaiting feedback. While I wait, I'm in the process of preparing a second proposal for another conference in Europe.

I was recently inducted into Omicron Delta Kappa, an honors leadership fraternity.

I attended AAR/SBL in Baltimore in late November. A very interesting social experiment. But I attended the two Bonhoeffer sections that I wanted to, and was happy to meet a few of the people in personal I had only encountered in their books.

Finally, I'm awaiting word on a major grant that will allow me the opportunity to explore major Holocaust sites in Europe. I'm excited about this opportunity and turned down a trip to Israel in January 2014 in hopes of landing this one.

I have a few entries I'm sitting on that I will eventually finish and post.

Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment